Re: Perceived weaknesses of postgres

От Tino Wildenhain
Тема Re: Perceived weaknesses of postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Csaba Nagy wrote:
> http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=48339
>
> The interesting part is where somebody asks why NOT use postgres, and
> it's answers could give some additional hints to those interested on
> what people find missing from postgres to adopt it.
>
> Just to summarize some of the answers:
> * major PITA to upgrade between major versions;

I wonder which other databases (also commercial) can do that.

> * executing a single query on multiple cpus/cores;
> * no direct table cache control;
> * accent-insensitive text comparisons;

multiple collations would be nice...
just accent-insensitive would not make much sense imho.

> * fast select count(*);

SELECT count(*) WHERE False; is very fast for me ;)

Greets :-)
Tino

Сообщение: Re: Perceived weaknesses of postgres
Сообщение: Re: Perceived weaknesses of postgres