Re: Proposed archival read only trigger on rows - prevent history modification

От Bryce Nesbitt
Тема Re: Proposed archival read only trigger on rows - prevent history modification
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
(because our legacy application, which won't change, is using the underlying tables.  We can't do step #5).<br /><br
/>Bryce Nesbitt wrote: <blockquote cite="mid:47B1580A.7050703@obviously.com" type="cite"><pre wrap="">Yes, the view
approachhas some advantages.  But it still leaves the

underlying tables naked to modification.
And since the most likely error is... well... me (or another admin) at
the SQL prompt, we want underlying tables protected also.

permissions.

1. all dml goes through the view
2. use rules on the view to do dml to the table
3. in rules prevent updating all/any columns when whatever
4. grant dml to view to your pgconnect user
5. revoke dml from table to your pgconnect user

imho another instance where rules rule.  for example, you can easily
cols="100">--

----
Visit <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.obviously.com/">http://www.obviously.com/</a>
</pre>