Re: A new feature patch and a bug fix

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: A new feature patch and a bug fix
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page wrote:
> On Feb 5, 2008 9:46 AM, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> [...]
>> I'm not sure I get this right. It took me much more time than the four
>> previous stuff. XRCed is not really easy getting used to. So bad there's
>> no better (free) XRC editor out there. Anyways, I've done something I'm
>> quite happy with. But perhaps I need to add more sizers ?
>
> Yeah, there's still some problems.
>
> - On Windows, the dialogue is too small. Removing the size form the
> dialogue iutself seems to cure that in my limited testing.

Because of the fixed size dialog, I think I have to specify the dialog's
size, don't I ?

> - There should be a border around the tab control so it's not tight to
> the edges of the dialogue. I think we use 5d elsewhere.
>
> - I'm not actually sure we need the tab control there anyway - maybe
> the change password dialogue would be a better model?

I wasn't sure either. I used the frmBackup.xrc as a model to build
dlgReassignDropOwned.xrc. But the tab seems too much. I removed it...
but now it really looks like my previous dlgReassignDropOwned.xrc.

> - It should probably be a fixed size dialogue.

+1

The XRC file attached is one with a dialog size specified, a modal
dialog, and no notebook/panel/tab widgets. But I'm not sure about the
correct sizing. XRCed shows me the dialog in a way and pgAdmin in
another one. I don't quite understand this.

> I heard a rumour that DialogBlocks now supports XRC format. Not sure
> it if can do a better job.

I tried DialogBlocks a few times but I never was able to use it on my
Kubuntu.

--
Guillaume.
  http://www.postgresqlfr.org
  http://dalibo.com
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<resource>
  <object class="wxDialog" name="dlgReassignDropOwned">
    <title>Reassign/Drop Owned</title>
    <size>170,80d</size>
    <object class="wxRadioButton" name="rbReassignTo">
      <label>&Reassign objects to</label>
      <pos>5,7</pos>
    </object>
    <object class="wxComboBox" name="cbRoles">
      <content/>
      <pos>180,5</pos>
    </object>
    <object class="wxRadioButton" name="rbDrop">
      <label>&Drop</label>
      <pos>5,37</pos>
    </object>
    <object class="wxStaticText" name="stDatabases">
      <label>&From Database</label>
      <pos>5,82</pos>
    </object>
    <object class="wxComboBox" name="cbDatabases">
      <content/>
      <pos>180,82</pos>
    </object>
    <object class="wxButton" name="wxID_OK">
      <label>&OK</label>
      <default>1</default>
      <pos>70,60d</pos>
    </object>
    <object class="wxButton" name="wxID_CANCEL">
      <label>&Cancel</label>
      <pos>115,60d</pos>
    </object>
  </object>