Re: failed to build any 8-way joins: SQLSTATE: XX000 on PostgreSQL 8.2.6

От Ken Johanson
Тема Re: failed to build any 8-way joins: SQLSTATE: XX000 on PostgreSQL 8.2.6
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

> Please see if this patch fixes it for you:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2008-01/msg00164.php
>
> If not, we'll need a self-contained test case.

Please pardon my non-awareness, what comprises a test case for this; is
DDL sufficent? I'm electing to go that route for having only RPMs on
hand, slow CPU and unfamiliarity with the optimal configure options.

Also from the query can you tell if specific changes to it will prove
whether the patch will work? I see "clauseless joins of relations that
have unexploited join clauses", however I (interpreted this as needing)
adding a column from "persParent" to the select list, but the problem
persists. Also, I can remove any one of the timezone joins and the query
works.

Ken