Re: 8.3RC1 on windows missing descriptive Event handle names

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: 8.3RC1 on windows missing descriptive Event handle names
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Stephen Denne wrote:
> I said...
>> On Windows XP, using Process Explorer with the lower pane showing
>> Handles, not all postgres.exe processes are including an "Event"
>> type with a description of what the process is doing.
>
> I've had difficulty reproducing this, but I now suspect that it is
> only happening when running both v8.2 and v8.3rc1 at once, and I
> think it is the second started that is missing the process
> descriptions.

That makes sense, really - I think you nailed it. We create a global
event, and for those that are "duplicates", it won't show up in the
second process.

I think the solution to this is to add the process id to the name of the
event. So instead of:
pgident: postgres: autovacuum launcher process
We'd ahve
pgident(12345): postgres: autovacuum launcher process

Seems reasomable? I'll be able to write up and properly test a patch
tomorrow.

//Magnus