Re: Feature request - Decode relation in Server Status / Lock display

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Feature request - Decode relation in Server Status / Lock display
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Mike Blackwell wrote:
> Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>> Mike Blackwell wrote:
>>> Would it be possible, perhaps as an option, to display the relation
>>> name, and possibly the type, in the Server Status Lock display?
>>>

>> It already does this but you only have relation names for relations
>> belonging to the database you're connected to (ie your maintenance
>> database).
>>

> Hmm...
>
> Connected to via the initial connection as listed in the server
> registrartion window?

Yes, this is the maintenance database.

>  Or connected to by selecting it in the Object
> browser so it no longer has on X on the icon, or the currently selected
> database in the browser?

No.

> I generally have connections (as shown on the
> Server Status page) to several database, including the one I expect to
> have the locks in question, but do not see the relations translated.
> What prevents showing the names for all databases?

It's a PostgreSQL security feature. When you're connected to a database,
tables from other databases are not available (even their names).
  It's curious that
> the oids are available but not the names.  I should really brush off my
> C skills and take a look at the code sometime to see what's going on in
> there. ^_^'''

:)

--
Guillaume. http://www.postgresqlfr.org http://dalibo.com

Сообщение: Re: Feature request - Decode relation in Server Status / Lock display
Сообщение: Re: Feature request - Decode relation in Server Status / Lock display