Re: postgresql book - practical or something newer?

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: postgresql book - practical or something newer?
Дата
Re: postgresql book - practical or something newer?  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-general
On 30/01/2008 11:27, Gregory Stark wrote:

> In fact I think most of the features you'll look for examples of will be from
> the last 1-2 years. When 8.3 comes out people will be looking for whole books
> on XML functionality, tsearch implementations, etc, and there will be nothing
> aside from the manual since they're all brand new features.

Isn't this the idea of the interactive online docs? People can add stuff
they find useful for others. The PHP docs have tons of extra snippets
added by users - some dross, granted, but there's a lot of good stuff
there too.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie

Сообщение: Re: postgresql book - practical or something newer?
Сообщение: Re: postgresql book - practical or something newer?