Re: CLUSTER and synchronized scans and pg_dump et al

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: CLUSTER and synchronized scans and pg_dump et al
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
<87odb7s45i.fsf@oxford.xeocode.com>, Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com>
wrote:
> Perhaps we should have some form of escape hatch for pg_dump to request real
> physical order when dumping clustered tables.
It would seem reasonable to me for pg_dump to use ORDER BY to select
data from clustered tables.
I don't see a general case for worrying about the order of rows
returned by queries which lack an ORDER BY clause.
-Kevin

От: "Guillaume Smet"
Сообщение: Re: CLUSTER and synchronized scans and pg_dump et al
От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: CLUSTER and synchronized scans and pg_dump et al