Re: Index Ignored Due To Use Of View

От Donald Fraser
Тема Re: Index Ignored Due To Use Of View
Дата
Re: Index Ignored Due To Use Of View  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-bugs
----- Original Message -----=20
  Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 12:50 PM
  Subject: Index Ignored Due To Use Of View

  PostgreSQL 8.3.14
  OS: Linux Redhat 5.4

  Note: I have used the same subject for this email taken from an email: Po=
sted 2011-02-24 13:29:22-08 by "David Johnston", because this seems to be a=
 very similar observation.

  Bug/Problem Summary:
  We are using a simple query based on a simple view and the query optimize=
r is not choosing an index.=20
  The same query without the view is using an index.
  The same query on an almost identical view, but having either removed a s=
ingle column which was generated via a function call or replace the functio=
n call with equivalent SQL, then the query optimizer is choosing an index.

I found the solution to the problem and it would therefore appear as though=
 this is not a bug!
If I change the function definition to be "STABLE" instead of "VOLATILE", t=
hen the problem goes away.

Regards
Donald Fraser=