Re: Max array size

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Max array size
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Postgres User" <postgres.developer@gmail.com> writes:
> Does anyone know the maximum number of elements allowed in a
> one-dimensional array?  It looks like my script may add at least a
> couple million, not sure if it will hit a limit...

You'd hit the 1GB field size limit before you hit anything else,
at least in terms of hard limits.  But the *practical* limit is likely
to be a whole lot less, especially if you are talking about a
variable-width datatype.  Indexing into such a large array would
perform poorly.

I'd counsel redesigning your data representation.  You'll be a lot
happier with the performance of a table with a couple million rows
than with an array with a couple million entries.