Re: Getting all tables into memory

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: Getting all tables into memory
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
> I have a couple of servers running Postfix with amavisd-maia+SA+clamav
> on FreeBSD 6.2 which use a central db server running PgSQL 8.2.4. My
> issue is the bayes database causing SA TIMED OUT in the logs and want to
> make sure I am getting everything into memory. The disk activity is high
> on the db server, this is the average systat status...

The SA SQL-bayes implementation is one prime example of a real life
application that can benefit from HOT because it is basically updating a
  fairly limited set of non-indexes columns at an insane rate.
I have seen real live installations that could barly keep up with bloat
even on a tight 3min vacuum cycle and the 8.3B4 test instance I have
here can take at least 4 times the load than 8.1 could using that kind
of workload.

Stefan