Re: ascii to utf-8

От Tommy Gildseth
Тема Re: ascii to utf-8
Дата
Re: ascii to utf-8  (Tom Hart <tomhart@coopfed.org>)
Список pgsql-general
Tom Hart wrote:
> Hello everybody. I hope your week's going well so far.
>
> I built our data mine in postgreSQL around 3 months ago and I've been
> working with it since. Postgres is great and I'm really enjoying it,
> but I've hit a bit of a hitch. Originally (and against pgAdmin's good
> advice, duh!) I set up the database to use ASCII encoding. However we
> have a large base of Spanish speaking members and services, and we
> need utf-8
...snip snip

> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] COPY failed: ERROR:  invalid byte sequence
> for encoding "UTF8": 0xc52f
> HINT:  This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match
> the encoding expected by the server, which is controlled by
> "client_encoding".
> CONTEXT:  COPY transaction, line 209487
> WARNING: errors ignored on restore: 1

Try editing your dump-file and change the line which reads "SET
client_encoding = 'SQL_ASCII';" to "SET client_encoding = 'LATIN1';"

--
Tommy Gildseth

От: brian
Сообщение: Re: Best practices for protect applications agains Sql injection.
Сообщение: Re: Best practices for protect applications agains Sql injection.