Re: Potential G2-item cycles under serializable isolation

От Kyle Kingsbury
Тема Re: Potential G2-item cycles under serializable isolation
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 6/2/20 7:13 PM, Thomas Munro wrote:
> That's (unfortunately) a known problem under concurrency.  It'd be
> very nice to fix that, but it's an independent problem relating to DDL
> (not just tables, and not just IF EXISTS DDL, but anything modifying
> catalogues can race in this way and miss out on "nice" error messages
> or the IF EXISTS no-op).  Here's a good short summary:

Ah, yes, this does explain it, thank you! I was a bit concerned, because I know
Postgres has a reputation for having transactional DDL. I guess this part of the
API isn't. :)

--Kyle

Сообщение: Re: Potential G2-item cycles under serializable isolation
Сообщение: Re: Potential G2-item cycles under serializable isolation