Re: proposal for 8.4: PL/pgSQL - statement CASE

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: proposal for 8.4: PL/pgSQL - statement CASE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Pavel,
>>
>>> I propose add this statement to PL/pgSQL too.
>>
>> Isn't there a danger of syntactical conflict with the SQL SELECT ...
>> CASE statement?
>>
>> I'd love to have CASE in PL/pgSQL, but I always thought that stood in
>> the way.
>>

> Could it be called SWITCH instead?

That would surely defeat the whole point of having this. We want to have
the same syntax as PL/SQL, not different syntax for the same things.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: proposal for 8.4: PL/pgSQL - statement CASE
Сообщение: Re: proposal for 8.4: PL/pgSQL - statement CASE