Re: Renaming a constraint's index

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Renaming a constraint's index
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> 2. Make ALTER INDEX RENAME automatically rename the constraint, too.

> 3. Invent an ALTER TABLE RENAME CONSTRAINT command, and have it also
> rename the underlying index.
> I'm thinking about doing #2 for 8.3 and leaving #3 as a TODO item.
+1
Something should be done for 8.3 to prevent unusable dumps.
The absence of primary key rename has been mildly annoying at times.
I don't see any problem with allowing it to work both ways.
-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: Simple thing to make pg_autovacuum more useful
Сообщение: Re: Simple thing to make pg_autovacuum more useful