Re: OUTER JOIN performance regression remains in 8.3beta4

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: OUTER JOIN performance regression remains in 8.3beta4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
<4781EA7E.EE98.0025.0@wicourts.gov>, "Kevin Grittner"
<Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> writes:
>>> There was a serious performance regression in OUTER JOIN planning
>>> going from 8.2.4 to 8.2.5.  I know Tom came up with some patches to
>>> mitigate the issues in 8.2.5, but my testing shows that problems
>>> remain in 8.3beta4.
>>
>> Please try the attached proposed patch.  It seems to fix my simplified
>> test case, but I'm not sure if there are any additional considerations
>> involved in your real queries.
>
> Applied and built cleanly.  Check found no errors.  Startup clean.
>
> Query returns expected rows.  Plan looks good.  Thanks!
I see this didn't make it into 8.3RC1.  Will it be in the 8.3.0 release?
For us, 8.3RC1 performance looks great with the patch,
horrible without.
-Kevin

От: "Pavel Stehule"
Сообщение: Re: proposal for 8.4: PL/pgSQL - statement CASE
От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: proposal for 8.4: PL/pgSQL - statement CASE