Re: Postgresql Materialized views

От Andrew Chernow
Тема Re: Postgresql Materialized views
Дата
Re: Postgresql Materialized views  (Mark Mielke <mark@mark.mielke.cc>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I think, though, that telling them that they must work on a
> certain feature, because that's what the users are asking for, is the
> wrong approach. Not to say that is exactly what you are requesting, but
> I suggest that is where you are leading.
>
> Cheers,
> mark

The more communication between users and developers the better.
Companies would pay a fortune for the user complaints, moans and groans,
suggestions, bug reports and demands that postgresql sees in a single day.

IMHO developers need reality checks ... well so do users but for
different reasons.  There is no quicker way to kill a product or project
than to ignore the needs/wants of the user/customer base (open-source or
not).

andrew