Re: Make pg_dump suppress COMMENT ON SCHEMA public ?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Make pg_dump suppress COMMENT ON SCHEMA public ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
>> Tom Lane wrote:
>>> We don't dump non-default comments on other system objects either,
>>> so I don't think it's out of line to suppress the one on schema public.
>
>> The distinction then is if "public" is actually a system object.
>
> Yeah, it's a borderline case, which is exactly why we're having trouble
> with it ...
>
> What do you think of Kris' idea of just removing the default comment?

That'll work for new databases, but as you say it will not work for
older once since the comment will just be carried along with them. That
said, removing the default comment might be a good idea anyway, because
it's not like it's actually adding any value...

//Magnus