Shorthand column labels (SELECT col1 foo, ...) vs (SELECT col1 AS foo, ...)

От Ken Johanson
Тема Shorthand column labels (SELECT col1 foo, ...) vs (SELECT col1 AS foo, ...)
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I notice PG doesn't allow shorthand column labels -- it requires the
'AS' operand.

SELECT col1 foo, ...; -> ERROR: syntax error at or near "foo"

For compatibility with other databases, what objections might be argued
in allowing this syntax in the future?

On the 'pros' side I think it eases migration to PG, shortens code, is
similar syntax to shorthand table aliases, and some users might argue it
has become defacto syntax among DBs.

Regards,
Ken

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: