Re: BUG #15286: BEFORE or AFTER not working while adding values forexisting enums

От Nivruth Nandigam
Тема Re: BUG #15286: BEFORE or AFTER not working while adding values forexisting enums
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Right clicking on the source and then checking the values. Executing this query also gives me the values in order but shouldn't the enum also reflect the order when right clicked and checked?

Also, when I try to set this as a db column I see the wrong order in the drop down, the added values appear last in the drop down menu of the enum column.

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 10:15 PM, Andrew Gierth
<andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> wrote:

PG> I'm trying to modify an existing enum and use the BEFORE or AFTER
PG> feature to add a value in between the existing values but I'm
PG> noticing that the values are only being added to the enum in the
PG> end.

How are you looking at the order of values?

I get this:

create type e1 as enum ('foo','bar','baz');
alter type e1 add value 'quux' after 'foo';

postgres=# select * from unnest(enum_range(null::e1)) order by 1;
unnest
--------
foo
quux
bar
baz
(4 rows)

which is the expected order.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)

Сообщение: Re: BUG #15286: BEFORE or AFTER not working while adding values for existing enums
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15286: BEFORE or AFTER not working while adding values for existing enums