Re: OUTER JOIN performance regression remains in 8.3beta4

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: OUTER JOIN performance regression remains in 8.3beta4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> 8.2 (at least at branch tip, can't say for sure about earlier
> dot-releases)
8.2.4 and 8.2.5 both behave this way.
>  f2 | f3 | f1
> ----+----+----
>  53 |    | 53
> (1 row)
>
> which I claim is the wrong answer.
I agree that it is the wrong answer.
> the first question for you is whether it is intentional that your query
> joins CTHE to CHST rather than to CH.
"CTHE"."eventType" has to match to CHST; there is not an eventType
column in CH.  The other values could refer to either; I would expect
that to be logically equivalent (unless I'm missing something).
-Kevin

От: Andrew Sullivan
Сообщение: Re: VACUUM FULL out of memory
От: Gregory Stark
Сообщение: Re: Index trouble with 8.3b4