Re: Linux/PostgreSQL scalability issue - problem with 8 cores

От Jakub Ouhrabka
Тема Re: Linux/PostgreSQL scalability issue - problem with 8 cores
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi Tom,

 > Interesting.  Maybe you could use oprofile to try to see what's
 > happening?  It sounds a bit like momentary contention for a spinlock,
 > but exactly what isn't clear.

ok, we're going to try oprofile, will let you know...

 > Perhaps.  Have you tried logging executions of NOTIFY to see if they
 > are correlated with the spikes?

We didn't log the notifies but I think it's not correlated. We'll have a
detailed look next time we try it (with oprofile).

Thanks for suggestions!

Kuba

Сообщение: Re: Linux/PostgreSQL scalability issue - problem with 8 cores
Сообщение: Re: Linux/PostgreSQL scalability issue - problem with 8 cores