Re: group by and count(*) behaviour in 8.3

От Edoardo Panfili
Тема Re: group by and count(*) behaviour in 8.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Pavel Stehule ha scritto:
> Hello
>
> it works to me:
>
> postgres=# create table c1(n varchar, e integer);
> CREATE TABLE
> postgres=# create table c2(n2 varchar, e integer);
> CREATE TABLE
> postgres=# insert into c1 values('aa',1),('bb',2),('aa',3);
> INSERT 0 3
> postgres=# insert into c2 values('aa',1),('bb',2),('aa',3);
> INSERT 0 3
> postgres=# select * from c1 natural join c2;
>  e | n  | n2
> ---+----+----
>  1 | aa | aa
>  2 | bb | bb
>  3 | aa | aa
> (3 rows)
>
> postgres=# select * from c1 natural join c2 where c1.e = 3;
>  e | n  | n2
> ---+----+----
>  3 | aa | aa
> (1 row)
>
> postgres=# select n, count(*) from c1 natural join c2 where c1.e = 3 group by n;
>  n  | count
> ----+-------
>  aa |     1
> (1 row)
>
> postgres=# select n, count(*) from c1 natural join c2  group by n;
>  n  | count
> ----+-------
>  bb |     1
>  aa |     2
> (2 rows)
>
> postgres=# select n2, count(*) from c1 natural join c2  group by n2;
>  n2 | count
> ----+-------
>  bb |     1
>  aa |     2
> (2 rows)
>

> can you send structure and execution plan?
Thank you for your request, the execution  plan is the one from
"explain" (I think) but what is the "structure plan"?
The problema was a bug on my import in new database!

To avoid future error of this type, how can I ask to postgres wath
column is it using in "natural join"?

tanks again
and sorry for my error
Edoardo

От: "Pavel Stehule"
Сообщение: Re: group by and count(*) behaviour in 8.3
От: "Pavel Stehule"
Сообщение: Re: group by and count(*) behaviour in 8.3