Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> While skimming over the pgbench source it has looked to me like it's
> necessary to pass the -s switch (scale factor) to both the
> initialization (-i) and the subsequent (non -i) runs.

No, it's not supposed to be, and I've never found it needed in practice.
The code seems able to pull the scale out of the database (I forget how
it figures it out exactly).

Сообщение: Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations
Сообщение: Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations