Re: Build with LTO / -flto on macOS

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Build with LTO / -flto on macOS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> writes:
> With the native compiler tooling on macOS, it is not safe to assume
> anything, including that the man pages are accurate or that the
> documented options actually work correctly and don't break anything
> else.  Unless we have actual testing on all the supported macOS
> versions, I don't believe it.

Relevant to this: I wonder what we think the supported macOS versions
are, anyway.  AFAICS, the buildfarm only covers current (Sonoma)
and current-1 (Ventura) major versions, and only the latest minor
versions in those OS branches.

I share Peter's unwillingness to assume that Apple hasn't randomly
fixed or broken stuff across toolchain versions.  Their track record
fully justifies that lack of trust.