Re: With 4 disks should I go for RAID 5 or RAID 10

От Mark Mielke
Тема Re: With 4 disks should I go for RAID 5 or RAID 10
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
david@lang.hm wrote:
> I could see a raid 1 array not doing consistancy checking (after all,
> it has no way of knowing what's right if it finds an error), but since
> raid 5/6 can repair the data I would expect them to do the checking
> each time.
Your messages are spread across the thread. :-)

RAID 5 cannot repair the data. I don't know much about RAID 6, but I
expect it cannot necessarily repair the data either. It still doesn't
know which drive is wrong. In any case, there is no implementation I am
aware of that performs mandatory consistency checks on read. This would
be silliness.

Cheers,
mark

--
Mark Mielke <mark@mielke.cc>

От: Mark Mielke
Сообщение: Re: With 4 disks should I go for RAID 5 or RAID 10
От: Mark Mielke
Сообщение: Re: With 4 disks should I go for RAID 5 or RAID 10