Re: With 4 disks should I go for RAID 5 or RAID 10

От Mark Mielke
Тема Re: With 4 disks should I go for RAID 5 or RAID 10
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Florian Weimer wrote:
seek/read/calculate/seek/write since the drive moves on after the
read), when you read you must read _all_ drives in the set to check
the data integrity.
I don't know of any RAID implementation that performs consistency
checking on each read operation. 8-(

Dave had too much egg nog... :-)

Yep - checking consistency on read would eliminate the performance benefits of RAID under any redundant configuration.

Cheers,
mark

--
Mark Mielke <mark@mielke.cc>