Re: PostgreSQL 8.3.4 reproducible crash

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.3.4 reproducible crash
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> 1. Ensure that a snapshot is set before doing parse analysis of any
>> non-utility command.

> I think this is the easiest way out, and the most robust -- we won't be
> bitten by some other operation that the parser may think of doing.

Yeah.  I think we probably have to do that in any case because we have
an assumption that datatype input routines are allowed to make use of
a snapshot (see comments in fastpath.c for instance).  The fact that
no one's noticed this crash before suggests that none of the common ones
actually do, but I don't think we want to back off that assumption.

There's still a question of whether we want to alter the treatment of
record-type input to make the handling of embedded domains more uniform,
but that's something for the future.

Сообщение: Re: WIP: default values for function parameters
Сообщение: Re: WIP: default values for function parameters