Re: [HACKERS] Rust bindings to pgtypes lib

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Rust bindings to pgtypes lib
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> But is this possible, or feasible? I see that the makefile refers to

Possible yes, but in general I'm not a big fan of duplicating code. I
spend too much time to keep those copies in sync.

> Makefile.global, and also includes stuff from ecpg, aat least. I don't want to

Yes, but these should be minor. Makefile.global is mostly included for
some rules and other than some includes I don't know what else is taken
from ecpg.

However, there are a couple small files that are taken from teh backend
source tree, like pgstrcasecmp.c

> How much of the source tree would I have to carve out?
> Or from another perspective; how do other language (if any) solve this?

I'm not aware of any other language binding for pgtypeslib.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Meskes at (Debian|Postgresql) dot Org