Multi-threading friendliness (was: libgcc double-free, backend won't die)

От Craig James
Тема Multi-threading friendliness (was: libgcc double-free, backend won't die)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> James Mansion wrote:
>> I think you have your head in the ground, but its your perogative.
>> *You* might not care, but anyone wanting to use thread-aware libraries
>> (and I'm *not* talking about threading in any Postgres code) will
>> certainly value it if they can do so with some stability.
>
> I suggest you find out the cause of your problem and then we can do more
> research.  Talking about us changing the Postgres behavior from the
> report of one user who doesn't even have the full details isn't
> productive.

I think you're confusing James Mansion with me (Craig James).  I'm the one with the unresolved problem.

James is suggesting, completely independently of whether or not there's a bug in my system, that a thread-friendly
optionfor Postgres would be very useful.

Don't confuse thread-friendly with a threaded implemetation of Postgres itself.  These are two separate questions.
Thread-friendlyinvolves compile/link options that don't affect the Postgres source code at all.

Craig