Re: prepared statements and DBD::Pg

От Keary Suska
Тема Re: prepared statements and DBD::Pg
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On May 6, 2009, at 9:39 AM, JP Fletcher wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I see different behavior with DBI/DBD::Pg (1.607/2.11.8, pg 8.1)
> when the first command in a prepared statement is 'CREATE TEMP TABLE'.
>
> For instance, this works:
>
>   my $prepare_sql =<<SQL;
>       CREATE TEMP TABLE foo( id int, user_id int,);
>
>       INSERT INTO foo(1, 1);
>
>       INSERT INTO foo(2, 2);
>           SQL
>
>   my $sth = $dbh->prepare($prepare_sql);
>

> This produces the error
>
> ERROR:  cannot insert multiple commands into a prepared statement
>
> my $prepare_sql =<<SQL;
>             INSERT INTO foo(1, 1);
>
>       INSERT INTO foo(2, 2);
>           SQL
>
>   my $sth = $dbh->prepare($prepare_sql);
>

> Is this the expected behaviour?

You should follow up on the DBD::Pg list, but I would guess that the
module is doing a surface check to determine whether the statement is
a candidate for being prepared. I bet that whenever the first
statement is not a select, insert, delete, or update that you will not
get an error. What is happening ion these cases is that no preparation
is happening at all.

HTH,

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.

Сообщение: Re: Yahoo Everest MPP - open source release?
Сообщение: Re: Yahoo Everest MPP - open source release?