Re: odbc problem on Japanese windows machine

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: odbc problem on Japanese windows machine
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Sofer, Yuval wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use postgres odbc driver on windows Japanese machine, to
> test connection to a remote postgres database. The database has latin1
> encoding.
>
> Connection tests to databases with latin1 encoding fail with this error
> message:
>
> fatal: conversion between SJIS and LATIN1 is not supported

Are you testing the ANSI version driver ?
If so, please set the *Connect  Settings* option like
        set client_encoding to 'XXXX'
  (XXXX e.g. SQL_ASCII, LATIN1 etc).

You can see the example (SJIS case) at
   http://www.geocities.jp/inocchichichi/psqlodbc/encoding.jpg .

However I'm not sure if you can see LATIN1 specific characters using
Japanese machine.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue