SELECT MAX returns wrong value

От Gavin Baumanis
Тема SELECT MAX returns wrong value
Дата
Re: SELECT MAX returns wrong value
Список pgsql-sql
Hi Everyone,

Sorry if I am missing something obvious but I think I have found a bug.
If I perform the following SQL

SELECT MAX(column) FROM table WHERE expression

and there is no match, Postgres returns a record count of 1.
There is no value in max, it is NULL.

Thus trying to perform some "other" tasks based on if a record was
returned or not is proving a little difficult in this instance.

We are using 8.1.9 on Debian.

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

--
If I can ever be of any further assistance, please contact me.

Gavin 'Beau' Baumanis

eClinic Pty Ltd
ABN 80 092 450 274
657 Nicholson Street