Re: join on three tables is slow

От Gerry Reno
Тема Re: join on three tables is slow
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Tom Lane wrote:
> Gerry Reno <greno@verizon.net> writes:
>
>> Pavel Stehule wrote:
>>
>>> there is diference in agg position. Send, please, query and explain
>>> analyze output.
>>>

> [ explain analyze output ]
>
> The rowcount estimates seem pretty far off, even for simple cases that
> I'd expect it to get right, eg
>

>>          ->  Seq Scan on res_partner_address a  (cost=0.00..88.40
>> rows=16 width=552) (actual time=0.851..16.131 rows=559 loops=1)
>>                Filter: ((("type")::text = 'default'::text) OR ("type" IS
>> NULL))
>>

> Are the ANALYZE stats up to date for these tables?
>
> What PG version is this, anyway?
>
>             regards, tom lane

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

-bash-3.2$ yum list postgresql
Installed Packages
postgresql.i386                          8.2.4-1.fc7
installed

You were right on the money Tom.  I vacuumed the database and now the
query with the boolean executes in only 50% more time than without.
About 15 secs instead of 10 secs.  Big improvement.  I hadn't seen a
vacuum produce this much of an improvement in performance before.

Thanks,
Gerry

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Query design assistance - getting daily totals
Сообщение: Re: Query design assistance - getting daily totals