DDL in EDB-SPL

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема DDL in EDB-SPL
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
While looking at the package function precedence problem, I bumped into
another unrelated bug:

According to a quick Google search, Oracle doesn't accept DDL in PL/SQL;
you have to use EXECUTE IMMEDIATE to do that. Trying to run DDL in the
edb-spl fails with a bizarre error message. For example, for CREATE
TABLE footable (full test case attached):
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "footable"
LINE 1: CREATE footable2 (id integer)

So the TABLE token seems to be stripped away somewhere. This begs the
question of what happens with CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE. Lo and behold, it
does what you might've guessed, kind of. TEMPORARY is stripped away,
leaving just "CREATE TABLE <tablename>". However, we've set the package
namespace as the special namespace, and that's the current "default
creation namespace". Therefore the table gets created inside the package
namespace.

--
   Heikki Linnakangas
DROP PACKAGE foopack;

CREATE PACKAGE foopack
IS
  foovar integer;
  PROCEDURE fooproc;
END;

CREATE PACKAGE BODY foopack
IS

  PROCEDURE fooproc IS
  BEGIN
    CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE footable2 (id integer);
  END;
END;

exec foopack.fooproc;