Re: Hijack!

От Geoffrey
Тема Re: Hijack!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Steve Atkins wrote:

> In the business world it's common to top-post and not cut previous content
> - and often appropriate, as it tends to be a communication between a
> smaller number of people, and the uncut content provides context for
> future reference.

And it is quite common for tractor trailers to take wide right turns at
intersections, but it's quite foolish for a car to do the same.  There
are approaches that are accepted depending on the vehicle and
environment in use.

> Those who rant about anyone who top posts, or state that you should
> never top-post are mostly clueless or arrogant, or are making over-broad
> generalizations.

Actually, it appears to me that those folks generally are clued into the
acceptable approach in the environment they are posting.

Also, they probably spend more time posting to technical lists and not
in clueless corporate speak html email conversations.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin