Re: libgcc double-free, backend won't die

От Craig James
Тема Re: libgcc double-free, backend won't die
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Craig James wrote:
>
>> Here is my guess -- and this is just a guess.  My functions use a
>> third-party library which, of necessity, uses malloc/free in the
>> ordinary way.  I suspect that there's a bug in the Postgres palloc()
>> code that's walking over memory that regular malloc() allocates.  The
>> third-party library (OpenBabel) has been tested pretty thoroughly by
>> me an others and has no memory corruption problems.  All malloc's are
>> freed properly.  Does that seem like a possibility?
>
> Not really.  palloc uses malloc underneath.

But some Postgres code could be walking off the end of a malloc'ed block, even if palloc() is allocating and
deallocatingcorrectly.  Which is why I was hoping to use valgrind to see what's going on.

Thanks,
Craig

Сообщение: Re: libgcc double-free, backend won't die
Сообщение: Re: libgcc double-free, backend won't die