Re: Benchmarking PG

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Benchmarking PG
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Manolo _ wrote:
> I'd like to benchmark PG. I'd like to compare sorting performances (time spent, #of disk accesses, # of run produced
etc)of the present Replacement Selection (external sorting) algorithm and of a refinement I'm going to implement.

> I'm new on PG, I just had the idea of how to possibly get better that algorithm and choosed to test it on PG since
it'san open-source DBMS.

> I've been searching the web for a benchmark. I suppose TPC-H and Wisconsin could fit, but had problems when trying to
usethem.
> Any suggestion on a "good benchmark"?
> Any tutorial on how to use them?

If you want to compare sorting performance in particular, running a big
query that needs a big sort will be much more useful than a generic DBMS
benchmark like TPC-H.

--
   Heikki Linnakangas