Re: BUG #3792: cluster in UTF deny database in LATIN2

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: BUG #3792: cluster in UTF deny database in LATIN2
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Marek wrote:
> Bug reference:      3792
> Logged by:          Marek
> Email address:      wrobel.marek@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.3beta3
> Operating system:   Linux  2.6.23.1-49.fc8 #1 SMP x86_64
> Details:
>
> This postgresql was compiled myself.
> I have cluster inited in UTF-8.
>
> createdb -U postgres -E 'latin2' foo
>
> createdb: database creation failed: ERROR:  encoding LATIN2 does not match
> server's locale pl_PL.UTF-8
> The server's LC_CTYPE setting requires encoding UTF8.
>
> When I install postresql 8.2 from rpm an init cluster as UTF, I don't have
> any problem to create database in LATIN2.

That's intentional. You're trying to use a UTF-8 locale, with LATIN2
encoding. That's not going to work properly. We used to be lax about
that, but in 8.3 we check that the encoding matches the encoding the
locale expects, and throw an error if they don't.

Hmm, apparently that's not mentioned in the release notes. It probably
should be.

--
   Heikki Linnakangas

Сообщение: Re: BUG #3790: pg_restore error canceling statement due to user request
Сообщение: Re: BUG #3790: pg_restore error canceling statement due to user request