Re: Query only slow on first run

От cluster
Тема Re: Query only slow on first run
Дата
Re: Query only slow on first run
Список pgsql-performance
> The indexes don't contain visibility information, so Postgres has to look up
> the row on disk to verify it isn't dead.

I guess this fact drastically decreases the performance. :-(
The number of rows with a random_number will just grow over time while
the number of questions with status = 1 will always be somewhat constant
at about 10.000 or most likely much less.

I could really use any kind of suggestion on how to improve the query in
order to make it scale better for large data sets The 6-7000 ms for a
clean run is really a showstopper. Need to get it below 70 ms somehow.