Re: pgadmin 1.8 loops...

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgadmin 1.8 loops...
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Jean-Max Reymond wrote:
> I have installed the Windows version of PostgreSql 8.2 and
> unfortunately, the data repertory was not correct. So, uninstall and
> install again with the correct path. I try to connect to the base with
> psql and all is correct but pgadmin3 1.8 loops and I have to killed the
> process. It seems that pgadmin recognizes two servers (Postgres 8.2
> Server and localhost) and is confusing.

It can only recognise one installation made by pgInstaller of any given
major version because any subsequent installation will overwrite the
very registry keys that it reads. Multiple major versions will run
side-by-side without any problems.

I'm not sure what you are seeing here, other than what sounds like a
manually added server. None of the 'official' installers for Windows
that I know of (eg. pgInstaller, or EnterpriseDB Postgres) will call
themselves 'localhost' so I can only guess that that server has been
added through some other means.

At what point does pgAdmin 'loop'? Can you reproduce it with logging
turned on to debug level so we can see whats happening please?

Regards, Dave.