Re: obtaining column names from tables or views

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: obtaining column names from tables or views
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
John van Zantvoort wrote:
> moin,
>
> I've got a question. I'm scripting against an existing postgresql database
> environment and need to tweak queries based on the columns in the views or
> tables, how can if find these w/o querying the tables or views.

There is a whole section of the manual devoted to the system catalogues:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/catalogs.html
Or there's the "information schema" which is in a standardised layout
but doesn't include PG-specific details. http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/information-schema.html

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: