Re: TB-sized databases

От Pablo Alcaraz
Тема Re: TB-sized databases
Дата
Re: TB-sized databases  (Luke Lonergan <llonergan@greenplum.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
I had a client that tried to use Ms Sql Server to run a 500Gb+ database.
The database simply colapsed. They switched to Teradata and it is
running good. This database has now 1.5Tb+.

Currently I have clients using postgresql huge databases and they are
happy. In one client's database the biggest table has 237Gb+ (only 1
table!) and postgresql run the database without problem using
partitioning, triggers and rules (using postgresql 8.2.5).

Pablo