Re: tsearch2 best practices

От Stuart Bishop
Тема Re: tsearch2 best practices
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ian Barwick wrote:
> 2007/11/18, Mag Gam <magawake@gmail.com>:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Planning to implement tsearch2 for my websitem and dbschema. I wanted to
>> know if there is a "Best practices" guide I should be following. While
>> reading about it, I noticed there were lot of 'gotchas' with this, such as
>> back-up/restore, Slony 1 replication issues, etc..
>>
>> What do most people recommend for backup/restore solution: 1) Install
>> tsearch 2)Alter tables for tsearch2, update trigger, 3) do work .. 4)
>> uninstall tsearch2, 5)backup? Is that the right approach? Or something else?
>>
>> Also, when will tsearch2 part of core, instead of contrib?
>
> tsearch2 has been integrated into the upcoming 8.3 release (currently beta).

And unless you need this live *now* and can't run a beta on production, I'd
recommend working with 8.3. If nothing else, the docs are soooo much nicer
now (big thanks to whoever did this btw! I can't wait to be able to upgrade
and wish I had time to do the preliminary migration right now.).

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart@stuartbishop.net>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: autovacuum process blocks without reporting a deadlock
Сообщение: Re: autovacuum process blocks without reporting a deadlock