Re: Project name - statement from the core team

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Project name - statement from the core team
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Jonah H. Harris wrote:
> On Nov 16, 2007 5:51 AM, Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org> wrote:
>> Following recent discussions on a name change for the project, it has
>> become clear that consensus within the community will never be reached.
>> In light of this, the core team have discussed the matter in depth and
>> decided that the project shall continue to use the name PostgreSQL, but
>> accept the use of Postgres as an alias.
>
> So, what exactly does that mean?  Basically everything is as-is,  yes?

Yes.

As for any discussion around use of the alias in docs or anything like
that, we do not wish to discuss that further until at the very least we
have 8.3 out of the door.

Anyone that does wish to chat about such issues is welcome to do so on
the pgsql-chat mailing list which we will happily resurrect if people
want to use it. We *do not* want such chatter on the working lists
though (-advocacy, -www, -docs etc).

Thanks, Dave