Re: BUG #3752: query yields "could not find block containing chunk", then server crashes

От Zdenek Kotala
Тема Re: BUG #3752: query yields "could not find block containing chunk", then server crashes
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Michael Charnoky wrote:

<snip>

> 2007-11-15 15:38:03.880 PST: ERROR:  could not find block containing chunk
> 0x902fb98

This message appears in AllocSetFree or AllocSetRealloc function in
aset.c source. In both function it means that defined context does not
contain memory block. By my opinion there should be two more probable
scenarios:

1) memory block does not exist -> for AllocSetFree it means e.g. double
free or for AllocSetRealloc it means that somebody want to realloc
memory which was already freed.

2) memory is still allocated but in different context. However, palloc
and pfree should control it.

By my opinion it is double free problem, but without stack trace or
reproduction scenario it is difficult to find it.

        Zdenek