Re: Tom thinks it's bad code was 8.3 vs 8.2 sql compatibility issue

От Tom Hart
Тема Re: Tom thinks it's bad code was 8.3 vs 8.2 sql compatibility issue
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> in the least.
>
> If you post publicly something that is that ugly, then it is going to
> get critiqued. It is that simple. You don't like it, don't post.
>
> I have more than once taken my beatings on this list. It is time for
> you to either grow a thicker skin or unsubscribe.
>
> Joshua D. Drake
>
> - --
>
>       === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===
> Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564   24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240
> PostgreSQL solutions since 1997  http://www.commandprompt.com/
>             UNIQUE NOT NULL
> Donate to the PostgreSQL Project: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate
> PostgreSQL Replication: http://www.commandprompt.com/products/

I absolutely agree. The fact of the matter is that you came here asking
for help, and there are a number of very qualified very generous people
who are not only quite proficient with pgsql, but they are donating
their time to help you (in this case by letting you know your SQL was
poorly written) and to thank them with anger and sarcasm is not only
ungrateful, but quite rude. Not to mention the large number of people
who probably took the time to read that post only to find out that
they've wasted a (small, admittedly) portion of their day to read your
drivel.

The two things I've learned from this group are PostgreSQL is an
excellent piece of software, capable of many things, and the PostgreSQL
community is an amazing group, also capable of many things, one of which
is selflessly giving their time to help the users of this list. Even the
ungrateful ones like you, or the lazy ones that haven't heard of google,
or people like me. With a lack of experience and a lack of formal
training, this group has managed to help me build a decent data mine
solution, something I would have been unable to do without them.

Now that I'm done ranting, let me just reiterate. Thank you to everybody
who has helped me, and anybody else coming to this list seeking
guidance. I'm sorry that not everybody appreciates it.

On a side note, everytime I hit reply to try to post back to the list,
the reply-to is set to the original sender of the message, not the list
address, and since this is opposite behavior to the other mailing lists
I participate in, I often forget and send a message straight to the
to you, I apologize :-)

От: Mark Niedzielski
Сообщение: Re: Linux v.s. Mac OS-X Performance
От: adrobj
Сообщение: GIN: any ordering guarantees for the hits returned?