Re: BUG #3750: Invalid frontend message type 112

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: BUG #3750: Invalid frontend message type 112
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Christian Ullrich wrote:

> Bug reference:      3750
> Logged by:          Christian Ullrich
> Email address:      chris@chrullrich.net
> PostgreSQL version: 8.3-beta2
> Operating system:   Windows Server 2003
> Details:
>
> I'm running 8.3-beta2 (on WS2003, the client is XP Prof.) to experiment with
> SSPI auth against AD. There is a persistent problem when using SSPI:
> Authentication appears to work, but the connection fails at the first
> query.
>
> psql tells me about an "invalid frontend message type 112". Most of the
> time, that error comes as the first line of output from psql (above the
> "Welcome to" line), sometimes it is displayed later:
>
> Welcome to psql 8.3beta2, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.
>
> Type:  \copyright for distribution terms
>        \h for help with SQL commands
>        \? for help with psql commands
>        \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
>        \q to quit
>
> test=>
> test=> select 1;
>         This probably means the server terminated abnormally before or while
> processing the request.
> The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: FATAL:  invalid
> frontend message type 112
> Succeeded.
>
> When I use another authentication method, all is well.
>
> I can provide a network trace of the connection on request.

Strange, it's been running fine for me :-( Couple of questions:

Does it work if you run the client on the same machine as the server?

How's your AD set up - single domain, or multiple?

Do you get anything in the server logs (please check both eventlog and
the pg_log directory)

And yes, please send me a network trace off-list. (send the rest of the

//Magnus