Re: Need to run CLUSTER to keep performance

От Rafael Martinez
Тема Re: Need to run CLUSTER to keep performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Rafael Martinez wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>
>> In 8.1, CLUSTER will remove those tuples anyway, but it's actually not
>> correct.
>
> With other words, .... we have to be very carefull to not run CLUSTER on
> a table been modified inside a transaction if we do not want to lose
> data? ...
>
> Does this mean that if we run a transaction which update/delete many
> rows, run cluster before the transaction is finnish, and then rollback
> the transaction after cluster has been executed, all dead rows
> updated/deleted  by the transaction can not be rollbacked back because
> they are not there anymore?

Stupid question, I could have checked this myself. CLUSTER will wait to
be executed until the transaction is finish. I have just checked this.

--
 Rafael Martinez, <r.m.guerrero@usit.uio.no>
 University of Oslo, Norway

 PGP Public Key: http://folk.uio.no/rafael/