Re: PostgreSQL vs MySQL, and FreeBSD

От Sebastian Hennebrueder
Тема Re: PostgreSQL vs MySQL, and FreeBSD
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL vs MySQL, and FreeBSD  (Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com>)
Re: PostgreSQL vs MySQL, and FreeBSD  (Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@wdc.com>)
Список pgsql-performance

> Among other things (FreeBSD advocacy, mostly :) ), it contains a direct
> comparison between MySQL and PostgreSQL on various platforms, with
> PostgreSQL winning!

Hello,

If the queries are complex, this is understable. I had a performance
review of a Hibernate project (Java Object Relation Mapping) using
MySQL. ORM produces easily "complex" queries with joins and subqueries.
MySQL uses nested loops for subqueries which lead to performance issues
with growing database size.

They state in their documentation that for version 5.2 there are
improvements planned regarding this kind of query.

Best Regards

Sebastian

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL vs MySQL, and FreeBSD
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL vs MySQL, and FreeBSD